Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I Hate Fairyland and Swamp Thing


*If you haven't read volume 1, do not continue, I don't want to spoil it for you :) *

I love "I Hate Fairyland" so much and issue 6 was awesome!  When we last saw Gertrude she had found the way home only to have the door shut in her face!  After killing the queen of fairyland, who desperately had it coming, Gert automatically became the new queen, keeping her trapped in mother fluffin' fairyland.  


In this issue we see how Gert handles being queen and the tasks that are required of her., with cool Larry along side her as always.  I'm so excited to see what happens in this arc and I can't wait for the next issue!  


I had mentioned to Eddie that I wanted to read some Swamp Thing, so for my birthday I picked me up Swamp Thing, Vol 1 of the new 52!  This is my first Swamp Thing book.  I never read any before, I remember watching the show with my dad when I was little but I didn't remember much of the story.  All I knew going into it was that some guy turned into a swampy thing.  Now with that said I was worried that I would have to go back and read the older versions of Swamp Thing to get a better grasp of this one.  (I know the new 52 was a reboot so more people could get on board, but still, I wasn't sure.  I'm still learning)


But that wasn't the case.  I got plenty of backstory to understand what was going on with the "new" Alec Holland and the fight going on between the Green and the Rot.  The story was really interesting and the art and colors were amazing!  It was really beautiful!  I am definitely going to continue with this, I believe there are 7 volumes.  I still plan to read the older versions, no such thing as too much Swamp Thing! :)

Have a great day!
♥     

Read a lot!
♥     

What are you reading right now?
♥     

No comments:

Post a Comment